Below is a list of common forklift attachment types and their popular applications.
Forklift Attachments are designed to make material handling simpler, safer and more efficient. The right attachments will reduce forklift operating hours and provide material handling convenience for your forklift operator – saving your business time and money.
With our extensive expertise and 40 years’ experience in the industry, we are able to tailor machines with attachments to suit your application and material handling requirements, providing you with the right equipment for the job.
Common forklift attachment types and their application
- Bin Tipper – designed for emptying bins that are commonly used in manufacturing and agriculture. They increase efficiency for fast and safe bin emptying.
- Brick Grab – commonly used for transporting bricks and concrete blocks.
- Carpet Poles – for the easy carrying and moving of carpets rolls.
- Coil Handler – used mainly in the steel industry, coil handlers easily manage and move large coils of steel often able to carry multiple coils at one time.
- Container Ramp – fitted for easy and safe loading and unloading of goods from a container.
- Cotton Bale Clamp – easily clamp and unclamp baled products such as cotton, wool, textiles, newsprint, scrap metal, etc, with this time-saving solution.
- Foam Clamp – used to handle non-paletted blocks of materials such as rubber, polystyrene, etc.
- Fork Positioner – allows operators to hydraulically move the forks closer together or further apart, individually or together.
- High Profile Ramp – helps operators undertake the day-to-day forklift activities such as loading and unloading stock across all inclines and declines safely.
- Jibs – designed to slide and secure easily onto forklift tines, typically with a hook attachment at the end to assist with quick attachment of the load.
- Pallet Inverters – used to transfer loads from pallet to pallet or pallet to slip sheets.
- Paper Roll Clamps – allow operators to handle paper rolls regardless of their weight, the type of paper or diameter.
- Rotating Fork Clamps – used for lifting and inverting palletised products of differing shapes and sizes with the position of the forks able to be changed easily from within the forklift.
- Rotators – hydraulically rotate and sideshift loads, turn and pour load contents, move loads from side to side for ease of stacking, adjustment, and the loading and unloading of goods.
- Safety Cages – when operators want to safely work at heights for short periods of time to undertake quick tasks and maintenance work and must apply to Australian standards.
- Side Shift Fork Clamp – allows the carried load to be moved right or left within a given span with the ability to move the fork carriage without having to move the forklift.
- Side Shift Fork Positioner – allows the carried load to be moved right or left within a given span with the ability to move the fork carriage without having to move the forklift.
- Slip Sheets – typically made of a thin sheet of paperboard, fibre or plastic, slip sheets are used in utilise space in material handling set on a pallet, so the pallet can be removed.
- Tissue Clamp – used in paper and tissue manufacturing, tissue clamps are very gentle on paper and can be rotated 360 degrees.
- Twin Pallet Handler – allows one truck to do the work of two by handling two pallets side by side.
- White Goods Clamps – designed specifically to handle white goods such as fridges, dishwashers, washing machines, etc, without causing damage to the packaging or contents.
- Wool Bale Clamps – designed specifically to hold and handle wool bales with long arms to handle multiple bales at any one time.
Need a specific forklift attachment?
We stock an extensive range of new and second hand (used) forklift attachments available for sale and hire.
We sell and hire an extensive range of hydraulic and non-hydraulic attachments to suit many materials handling applications. All of our attachments are manufactured with the highest quality materials in accordance with Australian Standards and are supplied with the relevant attachment certification.
About Danmac Forklifts & Attachments
Danmac Forklifts owns and manages one of the most diverse and best-maintained forklifts and attachment fleets in Australia. Proudly family-owned since 1980, Danmac is Sydney’s premier forklift hire company, providing a range of unique, quality forklifts and forklift attachments for hire and sale at competitive prices. Based in Sydney, we service customers Australia-wide including Melbourne and Brisbane.
We are very proud of our impeccable customer service record established over the years. The forklifts and attachments at Danmac Forklifts are all maintained by Danmac’s in-house technicians and field service team, to ensure smooth and efficient business operations for our clients. Whether you wish to buy or hire, Danmac Forklifts can solve your short and long term forklift needs at very competitive rates.
Australia-wide delivery, sales and service. Compare our prices!